International Family Equality Day - May 6, 2018
Family Equality Council is thrilled to once again join our partners across the globe in celebration of International Family Equality Day (IFED) – a world-wide celebration of the LGBTQ parenting and family community.
In 2017, we celebrated with partners in 44 countries and over 100 cities - in 2017, Family Equality Council will celebrate the sixth annual International Family Equality Day on May 6, 2018.
All over the world, more and more children are growing up in families where one or both of their parents identify as LGBTQ. Yet, each of these “rainbow families” have very different lived equality experiences, often depending not only on what country they live in but what street they live on. In some countries, our families enjoy equal rights and social recognition but in far too many others both parents and their children face overt discrimination and have to live under a constant threat of violence.
By celebrating IFED, Family Equality Council and our partners across the globe raise awareness among politicians and the general public about the need for equal treatment and recognition for all families, regardless of the sexual orientation or gender identity of their family's members.
IFED events can be in whatever scale is right for your community - a meet-up picnic in the park, a beach day, a play date ... or dinner out with your own family! Please be sure to check this page for the latest information on events or contact a member of our Regional Manager team (listed in the column to the right) about planning a celebration in your area!
2018 INTERNATIONAL THEME: CHILDREN'S RIGHTS MATTER!
- The role of family in the physical and emotional well-being of all family members.
- The human rights of all family members, and their lived and legal recognition.
By raising public/mainstream awareness, we will counter myths and misinformation, reclaiming true family values.
- Strengthen the visibility and voice of LGBTIQ parents
- Strengthen the visibility and voice of children of LGBTIQ parents
- Further advance recognition of our need for equal rights
- Facilitate alliances with other progressive family organizations
Show your support for #IFED2018 & help us show the world that CHILDREN'S RIGHTS MATTER!
REACH OUT ABOUT HOSTING AN IFED EVENT!
PROGRAM TEAM CONTACT
Tatiana Quiroga, Director of National Family Networks, firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2017 INTERNATIONAL VIDEO
- 2017 IFED & IDAHOT TWITTERCHAT
- 2017 INTERNATIONAL PRESS RELEASE (NELFA)
- 2016 ANNUAL REPORT
- 2015 ANNUAL REPORT
- 2015 INTERNATIONAL PRESS RELEASE, POST-EVENT (NELFA)
- 2015 INTERNATIONAL PRESS RELEASE, PRE-EVENT (NELFA)
- 2014 ANNUAL REPORT
- 2014 SUPERMODEL, JOSEPHINE SKRIVER, JOINS OUTSPOKEN GENERATION PROGRAM
- 2013 ANNUAL REPORT
- 2013 MESSAGE FROM SPECIAL GUEST, ASH BECKHAM